We often hear about foot spas, foot bath, detox spas and detox machines.
A common question that arises in everyone’s mind is “Do these devices really do the job? and do the devices have any side effect?”
People use foot detox bath device to get rid of their sore joints, muscles as well as to detoxify their body. Results of detoxifying are proven – it is safe, effective and a healthy process.
Lets look at some of the best foot spas in the market as well as some additives that can help you experience top-notch relaxation
Table of Contents
Best Foot Spa Comparison Table
|Image||Product Name||Tools included||Smart Heat||Price|
|Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa||5-Piece Pedicure Set,|
Removable pumice stone
|Conair Waterfall Foot Spa with Lights, Bubbles,|
|3 Attachments for Pedicure||Yes||Check Price|
|Brookstone Heated Aqua-Jet Foot Spa||Removable Pumice Stone, Rotating jets||Yes||Check Price|
|All in one foot spa bath massager||3 Attachments for Pedicure||Yes||Check Price|
|All in one deep foot & leg spa bath massager||Deep tank for foot and calf massage||Yes||Check Price|
|Inomata Foot Detox Massage Spa Bucket||None||No||Check Price|
|ArtNaturals Foot Spa Massager with Heat||Nodes and rollers||Yes||Check Price|
|Ivation Foot Spa Massager||1 Brush Attachment||Yes||Check Price|
|Conair Foot / Pedicure Spa with Bubbles||3 pedicure attachments; single large node, double large node, and pinpoint node - plus - leg rest and spot massage function||Yes||Check Price|
|HoMedics Compact Pro Spa Collapsible Footbath with Heat, Vibration massage, Acu-node surface, Safe for use with Epsom salts, FB-350||Anti-collapsible & spill-proof feature built in for safety||Yes||Check Price|
Medical Benefits of a Foot Bath
This foot massager is of a great benefit and some of those benefits are:
- Relaxation: Because of the busy and stressful schedule we often want a great foot massage. This foot massage gives us a great relaxation to the feet which are stressed due to tension and too much work.
- Rejuvenation: A good foot massage using the foot bath massager helps to generate a great flow of energy by making the feet happy. Generally when your feet are happy you are also happy.
- Exfoliate: This foot massager also works great to exfoliate the feet with the strong jet bubbles that are formed. This helps you to relax as well as make your feet soft and smooth.
- Improves the blood circulation: After a stressful day the circulation of the blood in the feet become low and that is why a great massage in the foot can improve the blood circulation and make the feet happy
- Reflexology: When you put your feet into this foot massager there are certain pressure points on your feet which are connected directly with different parts of the body. So, it helps to relax the whole body and you feel a lot better.
An Ionic Detox Foot Spa can give your body just the right balance of positive and negative ions, absorbed through the feet. The cells will be working at optimum efficiency when the body moves into the equilibrium condition.
This rebalances free your body from unwanted toxins and revitalizes necessary nutrients within your body. This causes renewed vitality and increased physical and mental energy levels.
Foot Soaker Additives – Three Ways to Make Your Foot Bath More Effective
There are natural, essential and aromatic oils you can add to a foot bath. Some people add these because they enjoy the aroma produced. Other people believe essential oils can treat a wide range of human maladies. Some of the reported benefits of essential oils in foot baths are as follows.
- Anesthetic – Cinnamon, cloves, and oil of peppermint produce a relaxing, calming and pain relieving feeling
- Anti-allergenic – Oil from chamomile and Melissa can relieve signs of an allergic reaction on the feet when added to a warm foot bath.
- Anti-biotic – Garlic, tea tree oil, and oil of thyme are proven to help clear the feet of bacteria and fungus. This is one of the most popular uses of essential oils with a foot bath.
- Anti-rheumatic – Eucalyptus, juniper, lavender and oil of pine are reported as helpful for people with rheumatism pains in their ankles and feet.
- Astringent – Cedar wood, cypress, frankincense, lemon and oil of yarrow are helpful in treating minor cuts and wounds of the feet.
- Excessively Sweaty Feet – Oil of cypress, Clary sage, geranium, and peppermint help cleanse and stop the propensity of some feet to sweat excessively.
Other Additives for Feet
Some people love to put small stones or marbles in the bottom of the foot bath container. Placing slight pressure on the stones or playing with the toes provides a relaxing sensation.
A mixture of Vinegar and Apple Cider help treat plantar type foot warts. Studies by American universities have shown that repeated weekly foot baths with vinegar and apple cider eventually cause plantar warts to lose their grip on the soles of the feet.
Using Hydrogen Peroxide with a foot bath is the best way to disinfect cuts on the feet. The use of this substance also does a great job of overall disinfecting all parts of the feet.
Types of Foot Bath Equipment and Machines
Non-Electric Pan or Bowl
The general type of foot bath is just a pan or large bowl that will allow placement of the feet, or foot, into the water, without causing water to spill over the edge and onto the floor. Epsom salt is usually added into the bowl to make the process even better.
Ionic Foot Bath Machines
There are Ion generators that can be placed in the water with the feet. These are said to do an excellent job of taking heavy metals from the feet and legs. There is a lot of debate about the ability of ionic foot bath to do anything at all.
One thing that cannot be debated is that after a fifteen-minute session with an ion generator, there will be a disgusting amount of coagulant in what was, previously, clear water.
Continued treatments will not result in as much material, which makes sense if the heavy and toxic metals were taken out of the system at the initial treatment.
Commercial Style Foot Baths
There are also water pulse foot baths that are like a mini-jacuzzi for your feet. These are gentle, soothing and relaxing and many people swear by their use.
The Best Foot Bath bath is simple and easy to prepare, it relaxes and treats the feet, body and the mind. If you never had a simple foot bath, give one a try soon. See our recommended additives below
Recommended foot bath and Spa