No matter what level of physical activity you participate in, just about everybody can benefit from the use of a handheld back massager.
Handheld massagers work by delivering the proper amount of pressure and vibration to the tense, tight or sore muscles in your body.
The most common areas that need to be massaged are generally the back, neck, and shoulders.
What I would like to discuss today is a few of the benefits and reasons to think about buying a handheld massager for personal use.
Table of Contents
- Best Hand-held Back massagers 2019
- The Benefits of a Hand Held Back Massager
- Importance and Accuracy of Back Massagers Hand Held Reviews
- Safety Tips for Electric Hand Held Back Massagers
- A Rundown of the Best Back Massagers
- Hand Held Back Massagers – Useful Remedy for Back Pains
Best Hand-held Back massagers 2019
The Benefits of a Hand Held Back Massager
Reason One: Natural Reduction of Aches and Pains
One of the things that can (and will) cause an increase in pain is engaging in repetitive activities throughout your day. Something as simple as sitting and working in front of a computer at work or home can really put a lot of strain on your neck, shoulders, and back.
If you have a more physically demanding job, standing and being physically active throughout your day will also cause a lot of strain… which leads to pain in your upper body and legs.
A hand-held back massager will assist you in fighting the various strains, aches, and pains naturally, which is quite an advantage over taking pain medications. The problem with taking painkillers is that they fight the symptoms, but not the cause.
A massager helps to relieve the pain by working right into your sore muscles and relaxing them.
Reason Two: Stress Reduction
We all know how a good massage helps relieve the stress of our daily lives. Although most people are unaware of it, stress affects all of our lives. Stress can make it hard to concentrate.
This difficulty concentrating can lead to making you less productive at work and home and can also drain your energy.
One of the other main problems with having high-stress levels is that it causes your body to release a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol has been said to increase your level of body fat.
Reason Three: Helping You Make Exercise More Effective
If you work out on a regular basis, then taking advantage of a handheld back massager is a great idea. When working out, flexibility is just about as important to your fitness as stamina and strength. Using a personal massager on your muscles helps them become more flexible and loose.
Increasing your flexibility increases your range of motion. This increased range of motion can help you work out more effectively. When you add regular massage to your routine of stretching, you can improve your physical performance.
Another added benefit of massage when exercising is that having your muscles lose will greatly reduce the chances of physical injury.
Reason Four: Hand Held Back Massager Portability
Let’s not forget what is probably the best reason for purchasing a hand-held back massager… you can bring it just about anywhere! Due to their portable size, personal massagers can easily be used while watching television in your bedroom, packed for vacations or even brought to work with you. This will allow you to relax no matter where you are.
Importance and Accuracy of Back Massagers Hand Held Reviews
Advertisements, product campaigns, and product demonstrations are important for customers to be able to see if the product is up to their standards and will be able to provide their needs. However, this information dissemination and marketing strategies are often limited to a city or country, especially if the product is not like the high-tech products that are circulating in the international market.
This is why back massagers hand-held reviews are important in promoting the product and keeping long distance customers well-informed about it. For a lot of cross-border customers, reviews are the only means that they can get as close to a product, as being able to actually hold it and see it with their own eyes.
Importance of Back Massagers Reviews
Reviews for the “best back massagers handheld” serve as a basis for potential customers when they decide on what brand and/or model to purchase. There are essential components in reviews that customers take into consideration:
1. Product Rating – this is often delivered in star points, often at a five out of five maximum rating. This visual representation of the competence and quality of the product is very effective and memorable to most people. Often, people will simply look at the star grades on the products and narrow down their choices based on these summarized reviews.
2. Customer Reaction – there is no better gauge of how good a product is than determining the overall tone of customers’ reactions and comments about it. People who provide this information have the first-hand experience on the product and are therefore in the best position to say exactly how the item fares. As paying customers who know that what they say can possibly influence other customers as well, their comments are largely unbiased and many are driven to give genuine and sound advice to others.
Back massagers are no different from all the other products that are being reviewed day in and day out.
The accuracy of Back Massagers Reviews
There are well-known sites that are purely dedicated to reviewing home and wellness devices, including hand-held massagers. You can easily tell if a reviewer and website are both credible in their judgments.
– These websites should have reviewed a ton of other products already.
– Pictures or diagrams accompany the detailed descriptions of each massager reviewed.
– The tone of voice is in the first person (this also implies that the reviewer has held the massager in his/her hands and has tried it out)
– It invites other readers to post their agreements and/or disagreements regarding the reviews.
It is natural to find contradictory points among reviews since not everyone will have exactly the same reactions about any product. However, the most important thing is that the back massagers handheld reviews you refer to are generally similar in their overall tone and that they are provided by credible reviewers and real customers.
Safety Tips for Electric Hand Held Back Massagers
Any gadget run by electricity requires careful handling and proper usage. Even the simplest electric devices may cause physical harm.
No matter how small or large that potential for harm may be, it is always best not to take chances and practice the recommended safety precautions for such devices.
Such is the case of electric hand-held back massagers. These portable devices for self-massage are generally safe and are manufactured with the highest safety precautions, but nothing is foolproof.
Whether by design flaws or careless handling, there are still many possibilities for accidents. However, you can avoid them all with the right preventive measures.
How to Prevent Accidents
- It is SOP for any electrical device, appliance or gadget to be stored in dry places. They must be kept away from moisture. Place them in a separate drawer or any dry storage space.
- If you are planning to store the massager together with other wired electrical appliances, be sure to loop the wires and tie them neatly. A lot of accidents, some leading to fires, occur when wires short circuit because of breaks in the wires. This can happen when we tug around wires and untangle them from other objects.
- Never leave the massager plugged when not in use.
- Be alert and watch out for burning smells when using the electric massager, especially if you amp up the massage settings.
- Read the instruction manual of the massager carefully. A high-quality massager should come with an informative manual that will also direct you about how to operate, clean and properly store the device.
- Once there are signs of wire damage, have it replaced immediately; and if there are already signs of deterioration, dispose of the device properly.
Safe and Proper Use of Electric Massagers
- Do not immediately use the highest massage settings of your electric massager. Let your body acclimate to it properly, especially if it is a new model. Start with the lowest settings first, then slowly upgrade if you like.
- It is safest to consult a doctor first if you intend to use the massager on recurring pains in the body, like migraines and neck pains. If there is an underlying complication, using the electric massager could worsen the situation instead of remedying it.
- Be very careful in massaging areas near the carotid artery and lateral neck area. To be safe, do not use electric massagers on your neck at all.
- Pregnant women in their first trimester should not use electric back massagers. Shallow massages should suffice to ease their back pains. According to medical advice, only women who are well past their 36thweek of pregnancy can be subject to any form of professional massages.
- Using a massager more than twice a day for more than 20 minutes can cause more pain and muscle injury.
These are simple tips that let you enjoy the pleasures of an electric hand-held back massager without any worry.
A Rundown of the Best Back Massagers
As inevitable as it is to experience back pains once, in a while, the demand for portable devices that can provide the needy public with immediate, satisfying and affordable option is also pretty high.
Back pains are not only limited to people who spend their days on their feet or bent over due to labor-intensive work.
Employees in the corporate world also have their fair share of back pains; and in this oneness of need, we are lucky that there are many kinds of physical therapy devices to choose from.
Here is a list of some of the “best back massagers handheld” available in the market:
Jeanie Rub Massager – this is an electric back massager that is designed to deeply penetrate the skin and ease out the kinks in the underlying tissues and muscles. It boasts of cushioned vinyl pads with an oscillating mechanism that naturally massages the muscles. Having started back in 1966, it is now known as one of the most practical and economical back massagers in the market.
Homedics Back Massager – another well-known brand for portable, personal physical therapy devices, the Homedics back massager is one of the most widely patronized in the market. It is already established as a high-quality massager: durable and effective in giving users a deep and satisfying massage that relieves pain and relaxes the body.
Orbit Massager – yet another popular brand for back massage devices, the Orbit massager is very portable and travel-friendly; it can be brought along on trips and tucked in a suitcase full of clothes. This device uses electric power to run its multi-rotational rollers for an excellent massage. It also features an unlimited range of motion that enables the user to perform deep reaching personal massages to ease out the tensions in the muscles.
Thumper Back Massager – these massage devices are very economical, although the quality of the product is assured to be uncompromised. There are five different series to choose from, all catering to different degrees and intensity of massages that are ideal for different persons and situations. This handheld back massager(known to be a great back massager UK too) is great for personal use.
Maxi Rub Back Massager – this is a mid-range back massager that delivers intense massages brought about by electricity-generated vibrations. There are only two high-intensity speeds to choose from. Users will experience a deep-reaching massage that can definitely reach deep muscle pains. It is very easy to use and requires minimum upkeep.
TheraCane Massager – this portable back massager is known to be very portable and light. This makes it easy to access the areas that are generally far from one’s reach. Its structure allows the user to achieve satisfying massages by applying more pressure on the back massager.
Make your choice among the best handheld back massagers and get a relaxing massage at any time of the day.
Hand Held Back Massagers – Useful Remedy for Back Pains
There is one thing that all working adults will appreciate after spending a hard day at work: a back massage.
Even if they aren’t literally bending and breaking their backs doing manual labor; even if they spend most of the day sitting down on their office chairs while making reports and making headway on their papers, they will all be feeling sore on the back once all the mental and physical stress of the job kicks in.
Back pains are in themselves another source of stress. They are extremely uncomfortable and can diminish a person’s fine mood. Whoever can enjoy a night out with tired muscles and aching shoulders must be very determined for a break indeed.
However, instead of tiring yourself further by getting out of the house and looking for something fun to do, just stay at home and treat yourself with one of those back massagers handheld.
These tools are very useful for keeping the tired and sore muscles at bay. They may not be able to totally cure you of them the same way a very rigorous massage and sufficient rest can, but the relief they provide is often enough to get you through another day.
Back pains are caused by overstressed muscles and spinal columns. This is a usual problem for blue-collar laborers because of the physical nature of their work. Still, corporate workers get them as well, because they spend most of the day stiffly sitting up and not moving around much. This places a lot of pressure on the base of the spine, which results in soreness that slowly climbs up to the waist and shoulder blades.
This can be countered by electric hand held back massagers. This is a portable physical therapy device that can alleviate back pains. The vibrations, mild electric currents, or massage wheels relieve the tension in the muscles and allows these tissues to relax.
Since you have control over where to direct the device, you can put it directly on the area where you are most sore. Depending on the kind of massager you have, you can increase the intensity of the “massage” by using adjustable controls or by simply pressing down harder on your back muscles. Plus, because these are very portable devices, you can also use them on other areas of the body, such as the arms and legs.
A handy back massager may be electronic or a simple mechanical one that simply assists your hand as you press the sore spots on your back. Whatever kind of massager it is, any working adult can benefit greatly from it. Especially for single people who are living alone, a portable back massager is a perfect solution for your back aches.
Instead of spending a lot of cash on special massage and spa services, check out the handheld back massagers at department and online stores instead.