A knee scooter enables the movement with less exertion than crutches or a Hemi walker.
Stabilizing only the injured knee on a padded surface frees your hands from balancing on a standard walker or shuffling around haphazardly on a pair of crutches.
This device is intended for short-term use within a small space and should not be used for long-term therapeutic purposes.
To use a knee walker, proper procedure and placement are important.
[amazon box=”B00WNSBSO4,B00I471EI8,B07D741VXS” grid=”3″]
Knee Walker Comparison Table
1. Vive Mobility Knee Walker Pad Cover – Plush Synthetic Faux Sheepskin Scooter Cushion
2. ELENKER Economy Knee Walker Steerable Medical Scooter Crutch Alternative Black
3. KneeRover All Terrain Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Heavy Duty Crutches Alternative in Blue
4. KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker
5. KneeRover Deluxe Steerable Knee Cycle Knee Walker
6. Essential Medical Supply Free Spirit Knee and Leg Walker with Patented Design
7. Roscoe Knee Scooter with Basket – Knee Walker for Ankle or Foot Injuries
8. KneeRover QUAD Jr All Terrain Knee Scooter in Metallic Blue
9. Vive Mobility Knee Walker Pad Cover – Padded Memory Foam Accessory for Knee Scooter and Roller
10. Give Me Soft Knee Walker Pad Cover, Comfort Memory Foam Knee Scooter Pad Cushion Accessory for Knee Roller
In what sort of injuries is a knee walker practical?
- Fractures of lower leg, heel, ankle, or foot.
- Amputated leg.
- Sprained ankles.
- Injured or wounded leg.
- After surgery.
Is The Knee Scooter Better Than Crutches?
Yes, it really is an improved version of the crutches.
- With crutches, you must the right balance to hold and walk about but knee walkers distribute the weight and let the injured part rest within the specially developed platform. This gives stability and comfort for each while walking.
- Crutches are not very safe and unstable. This is because it does not give aid for your injured leg or knee but with knee walkers, there’s not any more excess weight or strain applied on the injured part.
- It offers comfort towards the injured leg because it is safely more and rested. In that way, the injured leg would not be of a fantastic pain and the swelling will likely be lowered also and gives comfort towards each while with crutches because the injured leg is usually hanging, and that would be of a great level of discomfort towards the injured leg.
- Additionally, it helps as a resting seat if the injured person needs to sit down or relax. this is not the case with crutches.
Walkers without wheels
Rollators (walkers with wheels)
A rollator is basically a standard walker with tires attached. Unlike a regular walker, a rollator doesn’t involve the lift that a normal walker requires. Makes walking a smoother process.
A rollator, however, requires that the user be stable enough to not let it get away from them since it has wheels.
Knee walker rental
Knee walker rental is a new and easy way to gain access to these “Rolleraid” type devices without needing to purchase one.
Most individuals who desperately need a knee scooter or a knee walker only need them for a short duration and purchasing a unit is not necessary.
Many doctors are now recommending these new devices for lower leg and foot injuries. A large majority of insurance companies reimburse patients for these devices but most people would rather rent a unit for a month rather than purchase one.
So how do you know if a knee walker rental is right for your situation instead of purchasing? Well, ask your doctor how long you will need for recovery time.
Then figure out how long you will need to rent to completely heal and start walking again. Gather prices from who you decide to rent from and compare your rental time to the purchase price and choose the solution that works best for you.
How to Get the Best Knee Walker
To get the best knee scooter for your needs, you need to understand your injury or why you want this. If you want this for indoor, you can simply search on google and you will find some blogs to get suggestions for the right indoor knee walker.
If you are looking for something for outdoor activities, do the same thing. So you will get the list of the best knee walker scooter for your needs. Or check this list of the best knee walker scooters, I hope this will help you.
How to Use a Knee Walker
What is a rollator?
A rollator is basically a standard walker with tires attached. Unlike a regular walker, a rollator doesn’t involve the lift that a normal walker requires. It makes walking a smoother process. A rollator, however, requires that the user be stable enough to not let it get away from them since it has wheels.
Should I buy a walker or rollator?
Walkers – Walkers are built with telescoping aluminum supports, the standard walker is a great way for individuals with injuries or disabilities to get around. Better support than a rollator.
Rollators (walkers with wheels) – A rollator is basically a standard walker with tires attached. Unlike a regular walker, a rollator doesn’t involve the lift that a normal walker requires. Makes walking a smoother process. A rollator, however, requires that the user be stable enough to not let it get away from them since it has wheels.
It’s best to always ask a medical professional before purchasing any type of walking or mobility aid.
What advantages does a 3 wheeled walker have over a 4 wheeled walker?
3 wheeled walkers have the advantage of maneuverability. They can easily get around corners and tight spaces due to their smaller frame. 4 wheeled walkers have the advantage of being more stable for the user.
What is the maximum weight capacity for a medical walker?
Although most walkers and rollators have durable aluminum frames there is maximum weight capacity. Most have the ability to hold individuals up to 250lbs. There are some heavy-duty models that can withstand more. Please check with our recommended suppliers for availability.